The Leaders, Mission, & Beliefs of King's Wasilla
Mission & Vision
Experience Life with people, power, and purpose.
Our mission statement is inspired by John 10:10,
"I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."
As a church, our mission and hope is that we would corporately and individually experience abundant life by being connected to God and His people, demonstrating and functioning in His power, as well as pursuing and fulfilling His purpose for His church and our individual lives. Our mission encompasses our core values and serves as a guide in every effort we pursue as a church.
The vision for King's in this season is inspired by Isaiah 54:2:
“Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes."
As we enlarge, stretch, lengthen, and strengthen, we are believing to have a total of 1,200 congregations ministering to 120,000 people worldwide by May 2025.
We are a personal church
Life Groups, Teams, and Care
- Galatians 6:2: Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
- 1 John 1:1-4: 1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life— 2 the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us— 3 that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things we write to you that your joy may be full.
- Romans 12:10-13: 10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; 11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; 12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; 13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.
We are an Encouraging church
The Word & Relationships
- Hebrews 10:24-25: 24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:11:Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.
- Hebrews 3:13: 13 but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
We are an Equipping church
Discover Track, Classes, Life Groups, and Teams
- Ephesians 4:11-12: 11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ,
We are a Praying Church
Prayer Centers, Prayer in our Worship Experiences, and Prayer for the Sick
- Matthew 7:7-11:7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!
- James 5:13-16:13 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 16Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14:14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
We are a Worshipping church
Expressions of Worship through Music, Dance, and the Arts
- Romans 12:1: 12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
- John 4:24: 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
- Psalm 100:4:
4 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
We are a Spirit-filled church
Centered around the Person of the Holy Spirit
- Acts 1:88 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
- Romans 12:6–86 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; 7 or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching; 8 he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.
- 1 Corinthians 12:8–108 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by [a]the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.
- John 14:15-21
15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another [b]Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.
19 “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also. 20 At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. 21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and [c]manifest Myself to him.”
- Galatians 5:22-2322 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.